Home Services Moorings Charter RYA Boats for sale Contact Tohatsu Outboards Facebook

RYA Powerboat Tuition

Bareboat RIB Charter available to suitably qualified & experienced RYA power boat level 2 holders.

Skippered RIB also available.


Always wanted to try sailing or powerboating?

Now's your chance to learn in a safe and friendly atmosphere!

A very knowledgeable instructor will gude you and a maximum of two others through everything you will need to know, with first hand experience and that of two watching others being the key to the learning experience, or one on one tuition at extra cost.

Food & Drink:

We have a fantastic selection of pub/ restaurant lunch-time stops available to us via the RIB.
We use an MCA coded Humber Destroyer 5.3 meter RIB with a 90hp Fourstroke Tohatsu outboard to qualify you for craft up to 10 meters or an MCA coded large passenger boat with an inboard diesel engine to qualify you for up to 24 meters.  

The courses are the same price, irrespective of vessel size.
All courses include cost of the RYA certificate & handbook.
If weighing up the merits of one RYA school and another, be sure to take these advantages into account.



RYA level 2  (2 day £199). No pre-requisite
A thorough foundation in boat handling skills at high and low speed.  For an extra £30 or if you join the RYA, you can also be awarded you with an International Certificate of Competence (ICC). This is essential abroad. Most people choose this option because it incorporates level 1 in the two days. 

We can also run an endorsement on the above certificate for up to a 24ft powerboat using our perkins diesel engined work boat